- This event has passed.
Produce Safety Alliance Training
December 8, 2020 - December 9, 2020$20
9:30 –2:00, CST daily
The remote class will be held virtually (through Zoom) and led by extension specialists and state department of agriculture staff from each state.
Costs to Attend
The cost for the workshops and manual is $20 for residents of NE, ND, SD, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, OH, and WI and $105 for other growers. This also covers the cost of a certificate of training for those who attend the whole training – normally a $35 cost in itself.
What to Expect
The trainers will spend approximately seven hours of instruction time covering content contained in these eight modules:
- Introduction to Produce Safety
- Worker Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Soil Amendments
- Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, and Land Use
- Agricultural Water (Part I: Production Water; Part II: Postharvest Water)
- Postharvest Handling and Sanitation
- How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan