2020 South Dakota Local Foods Conference
November 5 - November 7$30
The 2020 S.D. Local Foods Conference will be virtual via Zoom. Dates are November 5-7, 2020.
The South Dakota Local Foods Conference will feature keynote speakers David Montgomery, an award winning author and professor of geomorphology, and Charlotte Smith, a farmer and owner of 3 Cows Marketing.
Thursday, November 5, 2020
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM CST- Charlotte Smith of 3 Cow Marketing. This dynamic presentation will offer practical advice on starting, growing and marketing your farming business.
- 6:05 PM – 7:05 PM CST- Interactive live Panel Discussion on Local Foods Systems featuring innovators from across the state sharing new approaches to helping producers bring local foods to consumers.
- 7:25 PM CST- Chef Demo using local foods with Executive Chef Scott Brinker, Monument Health, Rapid City, SD.
Friday, November 6, 2020
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM CST- Dr. David Montgomery of the University of Washington will be discussing his book, The Hidden Half of Nature, which explores the connection between soil health and human health.
- 6:10 PM – 7:10 PM- Breakout Sessions with nationally recognized experts.
- 7:25 PM CST- Chef Demo using local foods – Kim Tilson Braveheart
Saturday, November 7, 2020
- 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM- S.D. Livestream Classes, Tours and Interactive Events
For more information visit our Facebook Event.