S.D. Specialty Producers Association Seeks Project Manager
South Dakota Specialty Producers is looking for a Project Manager to join in the promotion of South Dakota specialty crops and products.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and management skills. Candidates should be detail oriented and able to see the big picture; and have organizational skills to provide members, chapters, partner entities with support simultaneously through multiple channels. The projects include organizing committees, events, local food initiatives, and member events. You will be working with sub chapters to help organize internal documents, events and promote projects.
- Create internal documents for sub chapters such as by-laws and policy and procedures
- Create long- and short-term plans for sub chapter of SDSPA
- Manage budgets per project to ensure grant compliance
- Conducts regular project coordination, monitoring and review meetings to ensure that the projects timetables are being implemented accordingly and are completed within the timelines of the grants
- Coordinate educational events, tours and outreach events
- Provides regular project progress and status reports at monthly SDSPA board meetings
- Attends events that are scheduled, as a representative of SDSPA – travel expenses will be reimbursed
- Develops and helps organize committees for SDSPA members through ongoing coaching, mentoring, training, and professional learning opportunities.
- Maintain and develop strategic partnerships with other business assistance providers
- Experience with project management, including timeline organization and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to organize chapters and committees
- Ability to communicate clearly and compellingly (verbally and in writing)
- Self-motivated with the ability to collaborate well with the board and Lead Outreach Contractor but also handle designated work independently.
- Computer fluency and experience with MS Office suite, Google Workspace, and online social media platforms.
Perform other related duties as assigned by the SDSPA board and lead Outreach Contractor.
This position is a one year position and while it requires being a resident of South Dakota, it is remote/work from home. Pay is $20-27/hr for a total of 20 hours per week, with the ability to increase salary after a 90-day evaluation. This is a contact/freelance position under the direction of the South Dakota Specialty Producers (SDSPA) Board.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Casey Burrus, SDSPA Secretary, by April 14, 2021.