Featured at Value Added Ag Day, South Dakota State Fair, Aug. 2019, Chef Uriah Steber, Drifters Bar and Grille
Tempura Battered Cauliflower
This recipe is designed for Cauliflower but can be used with almost any fresh vegetable from the garden! 1-2 heads depending on size.
- 1-2 heads of Cauliflower
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Ice Cold Seltzer Water
- 4 Ea. Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Tsp. Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr Ultimate Intense Flavor Liquid Seasoning Umami Miso
- 2 Qt. Vegetable Oil (For Frying)
- To Taste Togarashi (Chinise Seven Chili) or Salt & Pepper
- Cut Cauliflower into bite-size florets and rinse, allow to dry on paper towels.
- Add flour, cornstarch & salt to a mixing bowl, whisk to combine.
- Add eggs, water, fish sauce and flavor liquid.
- Whisk until no clumps are visible, do not over mix your batter. Place your bowl on ice to keep batter as cold as possible.
- Preheat your oil to 350F, working in batches, carefully dunk your cauliflower or veg 2-3 times in the batter and shake off the excess. Fry until golden brown about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss immediately with Togarashi or Salt & Pepper. Serve immediately.