Featured at Value Added Ag Day, South Dakota State Fair, Aug. 2019, Chef Uriah Steber, Drifters Bar and Grille
Grilled Sweet Corn Salad
Corn on the cob is great, but when you want to be a bit more ‘posh’ about it. Use this recipe to go at it with a fork like a queen.
- 6 Ea. Fresh Sweet Corn on the Cob
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Red Peppers (Drained)
- 1 Cup Shallots or Red Onion (Thinly Sliced Half-Moons)
- 1 Ea. Fresh Lemon Juiced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic (Minced)
- ¼ Cup Cilantro (Rough Chop)
- 2 Tbsp. Grapeseed or Avacado Oil
- Taste Flake Sea Salt
- Soak corn overnight in saltwater solution if possible.
- If using a grill, place-soaked cobs on grill and continue to turn until outside is fully charred, remove from grill quickly cool in refrigerator or freezer until you can safely handle them without gloves.
- If using stove top, boil cobs in saltwater for 10-15 minutes depending on cob size, or until cooked thoroughly. Remove from water with tongs and drain excess water. Quickly cool cobs in refrigerator or freezer until you can safely handle them without gloves.
- Once corn is cooled enough to handle, remove husks and discard. Using a sharp knife, clean kernels from cob and store in a large mixing bowl.
- Add ingredients to bowl and toss well to combine, Store in refrigerator for 2 hours before use for flavors to ‘meld’ together. Serve Cold.