Featured at Value Added Ag Day, South Dakota State Fair, Aug. 2019, Chef Uriah Steber, Drifters Bar and Grille
Flanken Beef Short Rib
At most markets, you will have to ask your butcher to have these ribs cut special order. If you are ordering half or whole beef for your family’s freezer, having your ribs cut this way saves them from being added to your grind and offers you another fantastic grilling cut! Use this recipe for every 5-8 lbs of ribs you will be cooking.
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 3-4 Ea. Fresh Garlic
- 2 Tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1 Sm. Sweet Onion (Small Dice)
- ¼ Cup Cilantro (Rough Chop)
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbsp. White & Black Sesame Seeds
- 5-8 lbs. Short Ribs
- Mix all ingredients together and marinade ribs in a ziploc or sealable container for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill until well-done about 4 minutes per side depending how thick your butcher sliced the ribs.
- Serve garnished with fresh cilantro and a good squeeze of fresh lime juice and flake salt. For optimal texture, ad crushed peanuts as a garnish.