Featured at the Sioux Falls Local Foods Fair, 2019, Chef Nicholas Skajewski, Avera Executive Chef
Confit Local Bruschetta
- Local Squash, ½ in. dice 1 C
- Local Zucchini, ½ in. dice 1 C
- Local Sweet Onion, ½ in. dice 1 C
- Local Garlic Cloves, slivered ¼ C
- Local Tomatoes, ½ in. dice 1 C
- Local Oregano, fine dice 1 T
- Local Rosemary, fine dice 1 T
- Olivelle Basil Olive Oil 1 C
- Baguette, ½ in. slices, toasted varies
- Spreadable Goat Cheese varies
- Smoked Balsamic Reduction garnish
- Microgreens garnish
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat water bath using sous vide immersion circulator to 185 degrees.
- Vacuum seal (or use the water displacement technique) all produce, herbs, seasonings,
and oil appropriately. Be sure to get as much air out as possible.
- Sous vide cook the sealed bag until produce is to desired consistency. I prefer tender, but
still slightly crisp, about 30 minutes, and up to an hour.
- Remove the bag from the water bath and cut open. Set aside.
- To plate, spread goat cheese on toasted baguette. Top with cooked vegetable blend and
drizzle with smoked balsamic reduction. Add coarse ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy and thank you farmers!