Featured at the Sioux Falls Local Foods Fair, July 2018. Chef Josh Kranz, Mitchell Tech Culinary Academy
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- Clean and cut cauliflower into florets, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 300 ̊ F till very tender (35-45 min).
- Boil potatoes as for mashed potatoes. When potatoes and cauliflower are tender puree both in a blender or through a fine mesh food mill.
- Meanwhile sauté red and green bell peppers (keep them separate until done cooking to keep from becoming off color) till tender and cool.
- Combine cauliflower / potatoes puree with peppers and jalapeno; mix till well combined.
- Form into patties sized to your liking then refrigerate them till very firm.
- Combine egg with a splash of cold water and mix to make an egg wash. Carefully coat patties in egg wash then bread crumbs (panko breadcrumbs will give a better crunch) and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes but up to a few hours to allow breading to stick.
- Fry in deep fryer set to 340 ̊ F or sauté in a small amount of olive oil till golden brown and heated through.
- Optional- Serve with Baby Choi & Pickled Radish