Welcome to the SDSPA Website!
SD Specialty Producers Association Annual Membership Meeting April 7
SDSPA is hosting its annual membership meeting April 7, from 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. CDT at Cedar Shore Resort in Oacoma, SD. Members as well as non-members involved in specialty crop or local food production are encouraged to attend. This is a free event and registration is not required to attend.
Wanda Goodman, Deputy Director & Kirk Hulstein, Industry Outreach and Development Team Leader, of the SD Department of Tourism will present “Opportunities in Agritourism is South Dakota.”
Afternoon breakout sessions will provide time for subgroups to gather including the Hops Growers & Brewers Guild, S.D. Wine Growers Association, SD Dept of Ag- 2016 Farmers Market Grant Results, and SD Local Foods Conference committee.
Click here for more information.
Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Farm Food Safety Training Apr. 8
A training in Farm Food Safety will be held in Rapid City April 8th for fruit and vegetable growers. The training will be held at the West River Agricultural Center, 1905 Plaza Boulevard from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Early registration fee (before Apr. 5) is $35/person; on or after April 5th it increases to $45/person.
S.D. Specialty Crop Producer Annual Survey: 2016 Growing Year
SDSPA is seeking input from commercial producers on their 2016 growing season to better understand and describe the economic impact of specialty crops and other local foods. South Dakota growers of fruits, vegetables, herbs, nuts, hops, nursery crops, and flowers, as well as producers of honey, processed goods, specialty types of poultry, meats, grains or dairy are needed to provide data and share industry needs. Click here for more information and 2015 results.
The survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes. The information will remain strictly confidential and data will be presented in an aggregated form.
Complete Survey Here
News from the Farm
- SD Hops Growing & Craft Brewing Breakout Session April 7th March 27, 2017
- SDSPA Hosting Membership Meeting April 7 March 27, 2017
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Farm Food Safety Training Apr. 8 March 23, 2017
- S.D. Specialty Crop Producer Annual Survey: 2016 Growing Year March 23, 2017
- Newsletters March 22, 2017
- New recipe: Leek, Pumpkin, and Rosemary Soup March 22, 2017
- New recipe: Roasted baby beets with walnuts and yogurt dressing March 22, 2017
- New recipe: Winter Veggie Bowls March 22, 2017
- SDSPA Annual Membership Meeting & Small Group Breakout Sessions on 4/7/2017 February 16, 2017
- SDSPA 2017 Summer Workshops & Tours Input Request February 14, 2017