Welcome to the SDSPA Website!
Coming Soon... The South Dakota Local Foods Conference (SDLFC) is scheduled for Nov. 4-5 at the Highland Conference Center in Mitchell, SD.
This conference provides educational programming and networking opportunities for producers, local food enthusiasts, and resource providers of specialty crops and other niche local food products. Other components of the event include vendor booths, meals using local foods, 5 pre-conference offerings on Nov. 3 at Mitchell Technical Institute, and a social networking event Friday night.
Production, marketing, business and kitchen tracks are offered during the conference on Nov. 4—5. The conference will include two keynote speakers: Daniel Halsey, a certified permaculture designer and teacher for multiple academic institutions and organizations out of Prior Lake Minnesota; and “The Sioux Chef”, Sean Sherman, who was born in Pine Ridge, SD, and is now a caterer and food educator focusing on revitalizing indigenous food systems in a modern culinary context in the Minneapolis, St. Paul area.
Conference Schedule here!
Pre-conference Schedule here!
The following motels have blocks of rooms saved for participants under “SD Local Foods.”
Comfort Inn (Part of the Highland Conference Center)- 844-426-8229
Days Inn- 844-717-5710
Super 8- 605-996-9678
News from the Farm
- Registration Deadline Approaching for South Dakota Local Foods Conference October 18, 2016
- Permaculture Workshop Offered at SD Local Foods Conference October 5, 2016
- The Sioux Chef to Offer Class at SD Local Foods Conference September 21, 2016
- 2016 South Dakota Local Foods Conference Registration Open September 13, 2016
- About Us September 13, 2016
- SDSPA Partners September 13, 2016
- South Dakota Local Foods Conference on 11/5/2016 September 13, 2016
- South Dakota Local Foods Conference on 11/4/2016 September 13, 2016
- WORKSHOPS: SD LOCAL FOODS CONFERENCE on 11/3/2016 August 8, 2016
- SD State Fair-Value Added Ag Day Tent on 9/1/2016 August 8, 2016