Welcome to the SDSPA Website!
S.D. Specialty Crop Producer Annual Survey: 2016 Growing Year
SDSPA is seeking input from commercial producers to better understand and describe the economic impact of specialty crops and other local foods. South Dakota growers of fruits, vegetables, herbs, nuts, hops, nursery crops, and flowers, as well as producers of honey, processed goods, specialty types of poultry, meats, grains or dairy are needed to provide data and share industry needs.
Complete Survey Here
SDSPA will share survey results with local food partners including the S.D. Departments of Agriculture, Tourism and Health, SDSU Extension and others who serve local food producers across the state. This data will guide entities as they provide educational training, expand partnerships, seek project funding and promote local food efforts.
The survey requests information from 2016 including what crops and products were produced, what markets were utilized, what food safety requirements were requested from buyers, production approach, technologies utilized and producer needs. The survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes. The information will remain strictly confidential and data will be presented in an aggregated form.
Participants who complete the survey can enter into a drawing for prizes which include resource guides such as “Market Farming Success” or “Wholesale Success” and a gift certificate towards the 2017 Local Foods Conference in Spearfish Nov. 3-4th. Winners will be notified by email or phone.
This survey is part of a larger effort by SDSPA to support specialty crop producers by connecting them with resources, customers, agri-tourism markets, networking and educational opportunities via a Specialty Crop Block Grant funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
2015 Survey Results
News from the Farm
- SDSPA Annual Membership Meeting & Small Group Breakout Sessions on 4/7/2017 February 16, 2017
- SDSPA 2017 Summer Workshops & Tours Input Request February 14, 2017
- Food Safety for Growers of Fresh Produce Workshop on 2/10/2017 February 10, 2017
- 2017 South Dakota Ag Fest on 2/7/2017 February 2, 2017
- 2017 Membership Applications Now Available February 2, 2017
- Newsletters December 22, 2016
- Tucker's Walk Vineyard December 22, 2016
- Hebda Family Produce December 22, 2016
- New recipe: Ginger Cranberry Stuffed Winter Squash December 13, 2016
- New recipe: Parsnip and Apple Slaw with Creamy Parsley Dressing December 13, 2016