Welcome to the SDSPA Website!
The 2016 South Dakota Local Foods Conference, held in early November in Mitchell, SD, provided a fabulous educational program and networking opportunity for producers, chefs, students, foodies and resource providers of specialty crops and other niche local food products. Over 150 local food enthusiasts participated in the event.
The conference was sponsored by a collaboration of partners including the South Dakota Specialty Producers Association, SDSU Extension, South Dakota Department of Agriculture, USDA Rural Development, Dakota Rural Action, South Dakota Public Broadcasting, the South Dakota Small Business Development Center, Mitchell Technical Institute, Black Hills Food Hub, and Spearfish Local.
Thank you to our 2016 conference sponsors including Best Day Farms, Ecotone Foundation, Inc., Soil Works LLC, the Black Hills Food Hub, Nature's Best, LLC, the SD Small Business Development Center, Spearfish Local, IS Restaurant Design Equipment & Supply, Rincon-Vitova Insectaries, USDA-NRCS, Millborn Seeds & Hy-Vee.
Mark your calendar for the 2017 conference, scheduled for Nov 2-4 in Spearfish, SD.
News from the Farm
- SDSPA Partners November 29, 2016
- South Dakota Local Foods Conference on 11/4/2017 November 22, 2016
- South Dakota Local Foods Conference on 11/3/2017 November 22, 2016
- South Dakota Local Foods Conference on 11/2/2017 November 22, 2016
- New recipe: Autumn Stew November 22, 2016
- New recipe: Red Peanut Curry with Roasted Pumpkin November 22, 2016
- New recipe: Hanny's Spicy Potato Soup November 22, 2016
- New recipe: Green Apple Pie November 22, 2016
- New recipe: Homemade Applesauce November 22, 2016
- New recipe: Sweet and Sour cabbage November 22, 2016